NEW ORLEANS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Lafayette
April 16th 2012
Published: April 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well had a wonderful dinner at Mulates, great food and loads of Cajun dancing, we all had a fun night! Sunday Tim and Debbie went to mass at Blake's Uni Loyola early, (a stunning old church there) then we all headed down to the French Quarter once again, music and bands everywhere, oh and some sights for sore eyes too, went to Conservation Hall (a very famous music hall) in the heart of French Quarter. Gazing along the streets looking at all the different colored houses with their shutters and iron balconies is just beautiful. It was Mike Suzi's brothers birthday and he was heading back to Lafayette Sunday so met everyone at Acme Oyster Bar for brunch, wonderful oysters and most of us had a Poboy as well!! Spent the afternoon wandering from one stage to the next around town to check out the different bands, down to the French Market and back along the pier to our hotel for a rest before meeting up for dinner at Sun Ray Grill, one of the best meals we have had so far. Fire works over the Mississippi were just spectacular - everyone was just amazed by them. Some went onto a piano bar but we called it a reasonable night and came back to our hotel. Back to Lafayette Monday morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb