Shreveport Bound


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Shreveport
January 14th 2013
Published: January 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast in ParisBreakfast in ParisBreakfast in Paris

Not quite Paris, France, but it was warm food.
We're on our way (finally) ! After a week's delay due to our son, Jeffrey's, unexpected Gall Bladder surgery, we're on our way to Shreveport, LA and then on to Destin, FL. Spent the day yesterday loading up Stormy, the Motor Coach, so we could get an early start today, and, boy, was it early ! We planned on leaving orignally about 8 am but that got moved up to 4 am, and the reality, was 2:30 am ! For those of you who know my husband, you'll know why. He is crazy ( yes, this is the same man who restored our 1907 Mesta Park home basically single handedly, built an inground swimming pool by hand with a shovel and a wheelbarrow, and built the cabin at our country place) with boundless energy !

We started the trip in style with breakfast in Paris ( ok, it was Paris, TX and the meal was a breakfast Taquito at Whataburger). It sleeted on us driving through East Texas and the 9 foot windshield in the Motor Coach provides a great view but not much insolation against the cold. The weather is improving some getting closer to LA, at least, the preciptiation is not frozen now !

Hopefully we will be to Shreveport/Bossier City before noon and will hit the sreets looking for adventure ( after a quick nap). Plan to visit the Stage of Stars Museum and Municipal Auditorium highlighting the early days of Elvis and the LA Hayride TV Show broadcast from the 1940's to 1970's, then on to the LA Boardwalk Promenade for shopping and dining ( looking for something better than a Taquito). Finally, looking for a Riverboat Casino. Oops, there goes the retirement money. Later Alligator !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb