Day Twelve - Austin to New Orleans


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were awoken by our alarms at 6am to head to the air port to pick up our rental car for our 8 hour drive to New Orleans! I was very very nervous to drive but once I got started I was fine (it helped that it was pretty much one straight road to New Orleans).The boys had told us that we would have to be careful and that we would go through the 'ghetto' and that once we got into Louisiana it was gross but it must have been there Texas pride talking because the drive through Louisiana was so pretty! The drive was also good because we got to pass Houston and Baton Rouge which were two places we wanted to go to but had no time! I was sad leaving Texas because it was nothing like I had expected but once i got into new Orleans that was forgotten because it is such an amazing place! There are the most amazing houses! It's kind of like paddington but ten times bigger, more cultured and more colourful! (Mine and Laura's observation from the shuttle dropping everyone off at the fancy hotels in the city - we were the last ones dropped off because we're further out) 😊We were very nervous to check in as there was some really bad reviews on the Internet (only thing we could afford as its Jazzfest) but its fine and right next to the trolley line! Laura and i went to bourbon street and it was CRAZY! It was only 8pm and there were drunk people everywhere, bands playing, singing and dancing in the streets and everyone was loving life! All the places were pumping, but I had a tough time finding something on any of the menus without meat in it. We ended up buying drinks and walking around with them while we looked for somewhere. We eventually found the cutest little place and had a lovely dinner away from the mayhem on bourbon. After dinner we did a pub crawl back up bourbon street, dancing to the many bands playing and getting cheap 'hurricanes' (frozen drinks) off a very very drunk bartender. We also decided we wanted tie dyed shirts for Jazzfest so we tourist shop crawled trying on all sorts of crazy things!While walking to our trolley stop we crossed a tattoo shop so I decided to buy a new nose ring (not stud) for Jazzfest. Once in there we realized the piercer has a tear tattooed under his eye which was a bit scary! But he was lovely!Laura then randomly decided to get hers pierced too. He then proceeded to pierce her nose a few times as he kept stuffing up and then put a nose ring in (because laura told him too) even though your not meant to do that too a new peircing! I mean, ive been waiting for two months!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb