Dumbest Criminals


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
February 12th 2001
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

"You should have been here just a few minutes ago" says the cashier at Blockbuster when we enter the place. "Yeah? What happened a few minutes ago?" is our obvious response. "We were robbed", the tall black fellow announces with a tone of indifference in his voice. What seems to be a normal evening at the normal Blockbuster store at the normal little shopping center apparently has offered quite a bit of drama only minutes ago.

Not that we can tell...People are coming and going as usual, trying to decide which movie to rent, debating whether to buy some snacks to go with that. "Was it an armed robbery?" "Yeah, it was armed". "So, what happened?" is apparently a stupid question from a novice like me. "He pointed the gun at us and wanted stuff". Can't help thinking that if this was back in Sweden it would be all over the news, definitely locally, possibly nationwide. Here, business goes on as usual. No closing the store for a week. No therapy for the employees. No extra safety precautions. "So what did he get?" "The dumb fuck took a bunch of CD's. Stupid bastard. Should have went for the money. I don't care, it's not my money". Don't know what's more scary: the fact that a Blockbuster nearby is subject to armed robbery, or that the cashiers - young and healthy kids - are seemingly immune to these kind of situations. The tall fellow just shakes his head and mumbles "...stupid fucker, I would have gone for the money, I wouldn't give a fuck about the CD's...". Corporate America...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.3kb