A Streetcar Named Desire


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 23rd 2007
Published: December 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well it’s our last night in New Orleans and although another chapter in our travels opens tomorrow New Orleans has certainly made its mark on both of us and perhaps we can be audacious and use Rupert Brooke’s words and say “If I should die, think only this of me; that there’s a corner of New Orleans, that is forever England”, well the two stools at the end of the bar at the Kerry anyway!

Today I bought a New Orleans Fire-fighters calendar… phwoarrr! - I only bought it because it contributes to the city homeless appeal and Mr July who sold it to me had nothing to do with it of course! Adam - you will love it….

Tonight we returned to the Alpine, where our new waiter thought we were from New Zealand!!!!! An English couple sat on the next table and looked miserable throughout their meal. We decided not to strike up a conversation as we didn’t want their doom & gloom to infect our good moods and spoil our last night in the city we’ve come to love.

Surprise surprise we finally ended up in the Kerry for a last few jars and to say adios to Gill, Lynn and Bridget (not sure if I mentioned Bridget before…an interesting art restorer who also happened to have Mr Augusts mobile number…!) unfortunately a mega downpour stopped us from leaving at the proposed hour and forced us to stay for another!

Today I downloaded loads of Hayley’s photos from New Zealand, Chile and Bolivia - amazing dramatic landscapes, salt lakes, snow encrusted mountains and stunning wildlife. Well our photos have lots of wildlife but it’s mainly the interior of bars! I promise to try and take more arty National Geographic type shots when we hit the Grand Canyon! And Hayley - get some more bar shots in when you hit Rio!!!

Song for the day: The Grateful Dead - Half-step Mississippi Uptown Toodleloo

Nina & Andy xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb