Cats & Dogs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 20th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chip WilsonChip WilsonChip Wilson

The only photo I've taken!
Last night was warm and balmy and very pleasant as we headed out for supper (steak for Andy and salmon for me served with dirty rice and mixed squashes and sautéed vegetables) the food tasted good but we did have to wait a while. We decided to plump for cocktails this evening - Andy choosing a spicy Louisiana bloody Mary (a rainforest in a glass as described by our server) and a pink lemonade for me… yes it was made with vodka before you ask!

Of course we ended up in the Kerry where tonight’s music was supplied by a bluesy sounding James Blunt called Chip Wilson. He was an absolutely brilliant guitarist. We also met Stephen Clarkson - the in-house Irish musician; strange chap, from Galway but spoke with an American Irish lilt. He also looked like a greasy version of Slim Whitman with the most peculiar arrangement of facial hair I’ve ever seen; he was rather full of himself and asked if we would be seeing him perform, alas we won’t be around next time…shame…

Today we decided to have a bit of a lie-in and left the hotel for brunch around 11.00 it was lightly raining but by the time we’d finished eating it was absolutely hammering it down and had started thundering and lightening; the streets were awash and water was gushing onto the pavements from all angles. There was nothing for it but to head back to the shelter of the hotel punctuated by the occasional stop for shelter under the balcony canopies. We got back and were both absolutely soaked to the skin; at least it was warm so we didn’t feel too bad, and this has been the first day where we‘ve stayed in because of the weather so we can‘t really complain. It’s only just stopped raining now at 5.30 so we’re hoping it will hold off for our trip out this evening with Gill to some alternative music joints uptown. I guess we’ll have to call a rain check, if you’ll excuse the pun, and postpone to tomorrow if it’s still the same.

Song for the day: Katrina & the Waves - Walking on Sunshine (not)

Nina & Andy x0x0x

Advertisement



21st December 2007

Holiday at last!
Last day at work today until the 2nd so I will no longer have to endure the daily dose of food, fun and frolics from the US. Glad you are having such a good time.....have a great Christmas! Ben xx
30th December 2007

Merry Christmas
Hi Guys Sounds like your having an amazing time in the US. Things are good out in the dessert, still warm and sunny as usual! cant wait to see you again..be back in April for a catch-up!! Dons xx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb