When The Saints Go Marching In


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 23rd 2000
Published: December 23rd 2000
Edit Blog Post

The Saints are having a good season. Despite the absence of the two biggest stars. Therefore, the crowd more or less fills the Superdome. This game the Broncos of Denver are too good though. Nobody seems to care. The Saintsations are lovelier than ever. The concession stands are filled with what Orleanians love the most - food. They don't go to a game to actually watch the game. They go there for the food. The same junk food you find in every fast-food joint, they pay double for here, of course after having paid $50 for their seat. And they are not shy to ask the people in their row to stand up every time they need to pass to get more food. Up we go! Down we sit! We're doing the wave!

One guy does not agree with a referee decision. He throws a plastic bottle on the field. Whereas in Europe this is more or less standard procedure, with the intention of hurting people, here it's a big no-no. The whole section stands up and points to the guy. The security guards collect him faster than he can finish his slice of pizza. Hooliganism Light...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb