Preparation Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Kenner
June 26th 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Preperations and Prayer


The Great Commission



16 The 11 disciples traveled to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had directed them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped, but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”



We are now just 12 hours away from the Williams Boulevard Baptist Church high school students, and six adult leaders, depart for Montana. At 5 am tomorrow morning we will all be meeting at the church to make a short drive to the airport where around 2 o'clock (New Orleans time) we will arrive in Billings Montana to begin our summer mission trip. I imagine that most people are beginning to pack, running to the store for those few things they have forgotten, and panicking because tomorrow may be there first plane ride or first time away from parents.

All of these things are natural and normal for the day before any major event. Job interviews, tests in school, or departing for a long trip can often times fluster us but in Matthew 28 we get our commission as believers. A commission is simply a pregame speech and encouragement in a task that we will be given to perform. Today is panic for most of us, myself included, but tomorrow begins the journey to Go! and hopefully minister to a different location. Though this may concern some of us, Christ reminds us that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him so He has already made our plans and gone before us. It is now our time to follow.

Throughout the time on our trip I will try to update this blog with pictures, videos, and summaries of our day. In exchange I ask for you to check back and keep track of us, and while doing so lift us up in prayer. We thank you ahead for the work your prayers may allow us to do on behalf of Williams Boulevard Baptist Church in Montana and Wyoming over this next week!

Blessings and Love!

Garrett Hodges and the WBBC_Youth

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb