We are On Our Way


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Paducah
October 10th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oct 10, 2009 Day 1 -
Just want to let everyone know we are actually on our way. Left Baraboo the first time at 6:30 AM this morning. When Wayne realized he forgot some of his cloths on a hanger we turned around and went back. We should have checked that list one more time before we left. We departed for the second time at 6:50 AM.

It’s time we get South. The temperature was 29 degrees F when we left. We had a smooth uneventful trip and arrived in Paducah, Kentucky at 6:00PM. The temperature is 62 but is suppose to get down to 45 tonight. We found a very nice motel for $49 for the night. And that includes breakfast. We had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. We made reservations to launch Amber Lee II and for a slip at Green Turtle Marina in Grand Rivers on Lake Barkley. Barkley is on the other side of “The Land Between the Lakes” from Kentucky Lake. They say there is a channel to go from Lake Barkley to Kentucky Lake. I hope they are right.

Once we get launched and transfer a ton of gear from the truck to the boat we plan to drive the truck and trailer to Mobile, Alabama. Will update you when we get to Mobile.

550 road miles down 650 water miles to go.

Critter Count: 1 deer in Wisconsin and 1 deer in SO. Illinois (both still alive). And we didn't order the road kill at the Texas Roadhouse this evening.


Advertisement



12th October 2009

Great news!!!
I am so glad you are on your way. Enjoy every moment, they go by quick. I will look forward to you getting to Mobile. Please plan to include us in your travel when you get there. We have a place to stay anytime. I will watch the blog. Larry
12th October 2009

I hope you had some grits with breakfast. The blog update you sent me went to the correct email address so I should be able to keep up on your progress. Happy Travels.

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb