Getting Ready


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Lexington
March 22nd 2017
Published: March 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Six days until our new adventure starts. I checked the weather in Ireland and it is....raining. The first 3 days will be in Dublin and then our hike through the Wicklow Nation Park starts. The weather during our hike appears to be....you guessed it...raining. K and I are up to the task though with plenty of experience in the backcountry during our AT hikes. Although the hiking will be a series of day hikes between B&Bs (just make me suffer), we will be taking our backpacks as luggage since we intend to use public transportation throughout the trip. This will involve a lot of walking as well as boarding/exiting buses and cabs so backpacks seem to be a logical option.

We have started laying out our gear with the weather in mind. K and I are limited our gear to the minimum to keep our weight as light as possible. I am leaning toward warm and dry clothes for the inclement weather that we expect. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please post them. Until next time....

Advertisement



3rd April 2017

Hey guys
Found the blog.
9th April 2017

Finally Found the Comments
I have finally learn where the comments are and how to respond.
4th April 2017

Thank you!
So glad you are blogging about your adventure so we can follow along!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb