Castles in Kentucky?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky » Lexington
March 12th 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another wicked long drive in the bus. Arkansas through Tennessee to Kentucky. Got some work done on the bus, slept some, talked to Kyle and Sarah several times, read almost half of a book. Florence and I had a nice chat about Uganda, mostly how engagements and weddings and things work, very funny. It’s quite the ordeal, involving lots of money, several cows, and over a long period of time. It was fun getting to know her and where she comes from a little better.

When we were just a few miles away from Lexington, I glanced to the left and saw a castle… that’s right! A real castle! Whoa! I’m trying to get Craig to take us there tomorrow on the way to pick up the Choir. I Googled it, and it’s called Martin Castle, if anyone cares. Now it is Castle Farm. It’s beautiful, but apparently caught fire a few years ago.

Nothing much else tonight. Dinner. Rest. Tomorrow we’ll go pick up the kids (finally!) We’re here for a few days but will have to change hotels (or possibly to host families) tomorrow.

Today we learned about:
Castles
and
Tomatoes (did you know they’re in the same family as tobacco?)

Advertisement



13th March 2008

cows
Hey, I think we can get at least 10 cows for you plus maybe a goat or two. With your skills and talents for sure 10 cows. Do you throw tomatoes at the castle? Bus rides are fun! We go this way and that way and this way....

Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb