Who Brought the Lysol?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas » Lawrence
June 29th 2006
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This summer, Axel is working in beautiful San Diego as a part of the staff for CORTRAMID - basically an opportunity for all NROTC students who have completed their first year to be exposed for a month to all of the Naval Communities (Aviation, Submarine, Marine and of course SWO).
Because Axel wanted to have his car with him, we decided to steal the opportunity todrive cross country (well, 2/3 of the way at least) from Columbia, Missouri to San Diego, California. What an adventure it was.

The first night, we drove into the sunset and headed across I70 to Kansas. Unfortunately, Topeka had very few options at 10pm on a Friday. We actually stayed at a Motel 8. The highlight of our hotel was the price, $20/night. Laurie is however, still disinfecting herself…..

The morning proved even more interesting as we loaded up the car and were approached by several interesting characters inquiring about our destination, the stuff in our car and a few other shady things. We jetted on out of there pretty fast.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb