Finally!...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas » Kechi
September 1st 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally!...


Wichita is slowly receding in the rear-view mirror... We blinked and Kechi was gone!

The past couple of weeks have been filled with a persistent sense that we were only slowly making progress... The deck is complete, the water leak in the living room has been fixed, the kitchen painted, house powerwashed, bushes and tree's trimmed and other sundry yard work complete... We would have hardly recognized the place when we took that last walk around, except we were too tired to think too hard!!

I must admit that it was really 11pm when we finally left, but left we did and we were pretty happy with the progress we made - even the real-estate agent was surprised... It is amazing what a difference taking 90%!o(MISSING)f the stuff you own out of your house can make!!



Top Ten List


Along the way, it occurred to us that there was something to be learned from this whole "pack up all your belongings and put your house on the market" experience... So to borrow from David Letterman - our personal top ten list!!

Final Goodbye's


Our last week was also filled with final dinners and goodbyes... I think some people were wondering whether we would actually leave! There was more than one e-mail comment - "haven't you left yet?" Well now we can say that we finally have...


Advertisement



12th September 2006

real estate
advise, if it is not too late, do NOT let the real estate agents get you into the appliance business by guaranting that every thing will work after the new buyer takes possession. Can be a mess. 15 year old appliances have finite life, and are the responsibility of the buyer. Good Luck, Pau
6th October 2006

Time to leave
Reminds me when we moved from Dallas to Wichita. It took longer to finish packing, load the truck, and then fix some mechanical problems, it was 1:00 A.M., but we left anyway! Drove about an hour down the road and checked into a motel!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb