Friday - The Final Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Winterset
March 20th 2010
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started off the day in Kansas City. First we had breakfast at the Waffle House, then headed over to the Harley Davidson Assembly plant. We didn't go on the tour, we just wanted to grab a couple of souvenirs for the kids on our last day. Then it was off to home.

We happened to stop for gas just south of Des Moines, IA. It also happened to be on the edge of Madison County. We decided to take a quick detour and visit some of the bridges over by Winterset. We also saw the birthplace of John Wayne which happens to be in Winterset, IA also.

After getting back on the road, we high tailed it the rest of the way home.

Well that is our vacation. I hope you all enjoyed keeping up with us on our trip this year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Cedar BridgeCedar Bridge
Cedar Bridge

The only one you can drive through. This was rebuilt in 2002 after someone burnt down the old bridge.
Cedar BridgeCedar Bridge
Cedar Bridge

The only one you can drive through. This was rebuilt in 2002 after someone burnt down the old bridge.
Hose from the movieHose from the movie
Hose from the movie

This is the house from the movie "Bridges of Madison County." You can only take pictures of the house from the road due to arson in 2002. The fire gutted the house.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb