The Beginning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Knoxville
January 2nd 2010
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Here I sit at the Stone House B&B in Quezon City, Philippines, , just watching the traffic go by (and sipping a cold one). My travels so far have gone good, well kinda. I left Iowa on Sat the 28th of Nov, headed to San Antonio, Tx. to see Kristen. I got to spend 8 days with her before she's off to England. Had a very good time, mostly eating Mexican, and some great Cajun catfish. After hugs and kisses, said goodbye headed north west. Was going to stop into Denver to see Pattie, but the weather wasn't too good and headed straight west towards New Mexico. There was bad weather all over and almost got stuck in Gallup, NM as the roads were covered in ice. Went north from there and did get stuck in southwest Colorado, a nice little community called Dove Creek. See pics. Let's make this short, got to Vancouver, Wa and spent a couple nice days with Bro Wayne, headed north to Mount Vernon, Wa. and spent some good time with Sis Paula, and friends. See pic's of the North Cascades Mts. Left Seattle on the 29th of Dec for Honolulu, spent a day there, and then spent a very long day with hours of delays from Honolulu to Manila, plus a unscheduled stop in Guam for gas. Arrived here at 905pm New Years Eve. The noise level of the fireworks was deafening. They really know how to blow off the fireworks!!!! Didn't get too much sleep, and have been lounging around catching up since. That's it for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



25th January 2010

Beautiful pics and it looks like you've been thru some nice country so far. Now that you are at your destination, how are you finding your way around?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb