Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Terre Haute
September 15th 2019
Published: September 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This trip is drawing to a close. We left Terre Haute and simply planned on driving till we got home. We stopped for gas and bathroom breaks.
Here are my thoughts as we came home today.....

This trip is coming to a close. We rode nearly 9000 miles together in 3 weeks. We talked along the way of our experiences on this trip....what we loved, what we didn’t love, what was our favorite, what was our least favorite, and what we would do differently. We all agreed we loved this trip. It was an education. We’ve seen which state grow what crops and who has to irrigate. We’ve seen the terrain change from state to state. We’ve seen land that looked like it was good for nothing...particularly on the Indian Reservations (no wonder they hated us)!

We loved the beauty of this country. We visited 11 national Parks, Several State Parks, countess Monuments... state and national, in the almost 9000 miles we traveled. It has given new meaning to the songs America’s the Beautiful, This Land in Your Land, and I’m Proud to be an American. We’ve stopped along to take pictures of animals, crops, flowers, trees, and beautiful scenery and state signs.

We’ve agreed that staying only one night in a place didn’t give us enough time to explore and that we could have done without about half the clothes we packed. We’ve learned to give and take....not everyone lives the same things. We’ve learned that you probably shouldn’t snack on too many fiber one bars and then ride in the car for hours.

We’ve prayed together, laughed together, and sang together. We’ve praised our God for this opportunity, for his protection, and for this land in which we are privileged to live.

We ended the trip as we started...at Toms Ice Cream Bowl....still laughing and talking to one another. We sang W. Va.Hills as we crossed the bridge from Marietta. We even stopped at the WV Welcome Center.

As I’ve always said I love to travel but “There’s no place like home!”


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Tom's Ice Cream BowlTom's Ice Cream Bowl
Tom's Ice Cream Bowl

Whitehouse Cherry Milkshake
Tom's Ice Cream BowlTom's Ice Cream Bowl
Tom's Ice Cream Bowl

Peanut Butter Sundae


Tot: 0.487s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb