john locke


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
December 5th 2013
Published: December 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

John Locke was born on August 29th, 1632 in England and lived to became one of the most influential people in England and, perhaps, one of the most influential people of the 17th century. Before his death on October 28th, 1704 he would earn the title as the <em style="color:� font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: normal;">Father of liberal philosophy. His ideas would also be used as a keystone for the revolution of the North American colonies from England.locke wrote and developed the philosophy that there was no legitimate government under the <em style="color:� font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: normal;">divine right of kings theory. The <em style="color:� font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: normal;">Divine Right of Kings theory, as it was called, asserted that God chose some people to rule on earth in his will. Therefore, whatever the monarch decided was the will of God. When you criticized the ruler, you were in effect challenging God. This was a very powerful philosophy for the existing ruler. But, Locke did not believe in that and wrote his theory to challenge it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb