Cars Will Give You Warning Signs Before a Breakdown


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
September 7th 2020
Published: September 7th 2020
Edit Blog Post

You do get warning signs before your car breaks down. You may get some red light showing on the dashboard or a funny noise somewhere in the car or the engine. The car might also slow down and loose speed. All these are warning signs that something is not right and you need to stop and check it out.

The other day a young couple who live in our street told me their story about the breakdown of their car. They had packed the car and taken off on a holiday and everything went well for the first 150 miles. But then the car started to make little noises which they did not take much notice off and just kept driving along.

Unfortunately this inexperienced young couple belongs to the group of people who do not service their car or check the oil or water but just keep on driving until the car stop or break down. So when the noises in the car got louder and smoke came out of the bonnet they thought it was time to stop and take a look under the bonnet.

As they opened the bonnet heavy smoke came out of there and the young fellow thought that maybe he should check the oil and reach for the dipstick which was something he should have done before he left for their long drive. It was a bit late to think of that and he should never have done that at this while the engine was so hot, but left it to cool off first.

AS soon as he pulled out the dipstick a spray of boiling hot oil came pouring out over his arm and he got severely burned. He finished up in hospital for a couple of weeks and he was left with a bad scar on his arm. He was lucky to escape with only that because it could have been a lot worse.

Their holiday never happened and he had to spend his time off from work in hospital instead. This situation could have been avoided if they had serviced the car and checked all the necessary things before they went out on their long drive. They not only ruined their holiday but got badly hurt.

The things to check in your car on a regular basis are such things as checking the water, the oil, changing the filters and belts and hoses are things that are required. The average car should be serviced and checked over when it has driven around 15,000 miles.

This was a big lesson to learn for this young couple and let us hope that they have learned from this experience so when they set out on their next holiday they will be better prepared so they can enjoy their holiday.



Listening to the timing belt warning signs in your car is more important than most people realize and should be taking seriously. “Visit Cash Cars Buyer to maintain your car in a good condition will pay off and give your car a lot longer lifespan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.745s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.3466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb