Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Decatur
August 14th 2021
Published: August 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post


Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl
So as always, with us, starting out was a little rough. Terry finished playing with the St. Mary’s’ Community Band at the annual Fireman’s Ice Cream Social and we immediately jumped into action. We are the set up and take down crew, but for this event we didn’t have to drag out much equipment, so not as much to put away. Biggest problem is Terry is a talker and just can’t pass up a good conversation. We did have a couple people helping us and I was so grateful!

When we arrive at the house I thought we’d jump in the Suburban and take off. Much to my surprise nothing was packed! It really didn’t take too long and after a quick trip up the hill to visit Betty (Terry's 94 year old mother) we were on our way to pick up Karen and Ed. (We weren’t quite an hour late)

Karen is so organized so they were ready. We quickly packed up and pulled out. We didn’t get very far when Ed realized he forgot his Yeti coffee mug, so we turn around and head back. Thirty days is a long time to be without the necessities in

Toffee Crunch on top and my favorite Peanut Butter on bottom!!
life!! Back on the road again and only an hour and fifteen minutes late.

First stop-Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl in Zanesville! Our vehicle just won’t drive by there!! If you haven’t been to Tom’s then you must go! What a great place and their peanut butter ice cream is the very best!

Today was a driving day. We were trying to get to Hannibal, MO. Even with gaining an hour that was going to be pretty ambitious, so I immediately start looking for a hotel a little closer. Everything was sold out, but persistence paid off and I found a Country Inn and Suites in Decatur, IL.

I LOVE this country and I love driving across and thru it! Every state is unique. Plus when you are traveling very flat ground and you find yourself going up a hill you take note.

The sunset was beautiful but I couldn’t get a great picture of it. One thing I’ve learned about traveling is it’s very hard to get great pictures out of a moving vehicle. I love seeing all the farm land and am continually grateful we aren’t big time farmers. I can surely appreciate what they

Love seeing our flag fly high!
do and how we need them.

Tomorrow our goal is Lebanon, Kansas, the geographic center of the 48 contiguous states!

Nite all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



America the Beautiful!!


Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb