Chicago Blues Festival Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 9th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I was up earlyish and took Abcde for breakfast shortly after they opened at 6am on the Executive Level. (Side note, if you like to travel and stay at Hilton properties, pay for the Hilton Credit Card to get automatic gold status,it is totally worth it for the free light breakfast, evening snacks and Wifi) Scrambled eggs and oatmeal and lots of fresh fruit. The woman working the lounge was quite taken with Abcde and would remember her name all weekend. Back to the room we got Maitu moving. Our room has 2 double beds and 2 full bathrooms. One for me to fart in and one for Caroline to make smell like roses. Ha. Like the undying, Caroline rose and made her way upstairs for breakfast while I showered and Abcde enjoyed the truest perk of vacation, the Disney channel. Ready for the day we headed out the door at 10:40. We walked a circuitous route north toward millennium park and Abcde promptly fell asleep. We found shade at the Budweiser front porch stage and sat through the first few bands before moving to the Mississippi Joke Joint for lunch. During the first band Abcde began to demonstrate a disturbing behavior. The child is hooked on Pediasure, which she calls Giraffe Milk. We did not know how deep it has its claws in her but the withdrawal symptoms began at noon and off and on for the rest of the day she would randomly start screaming and crying for giraffe milk. It was tough to see. To distract her at one point I put her on my shoulders and we went and stood by the stages she could better see the performers and that worked for a time. A bit after 1 I was feeling puckish and we moved to the grass by the juke joint and the food trucks. I bought a big boy burrito from the Carribean jerk taco truck. It was $16 and weighed almost 2 pounds. No joke. The three of us had to force ourselves to finish it and I will admit I took most of that responsibility upon my self. After food, Abcde and I lay on Caroline's Obama lesso while Wife hunted up a restroom and listened to the Delta blues coming from the stage. When wife returned we loaded up and went back to the Budweiser stage for a little while before making our way back to the hotel. We thought to come back for a little nap, a small bite to eat and then return to the music. Abs had other ideas and somewhere along the way became possessed by a beast and had a breakdown. The screaming and crying and snot accompanied her demands for giraffe milk until we finally got her down for the night. Needless to say we did not get back out to the festival. I was never more thankful for bathrooms on either side of our room to act as sound buffers so that Abs would be harder for the neighbors to disturb. All in all she worked very hard to persuade Caroline that we really don't need another child.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb