Lincoln Park Zoo and More Blues


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 10th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Second morning in Chicago and I am hoping that Abcde is over her withdrawal. Breakfast is pancakes and Abcde makes a reasonable effort and Caroline even joins us. Ready for the day we hail an Uber and hit the road. Today we are delaying our arrival at the festival and first going to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Its a short ride and soon we enter the Zoo. We saw a rhino, zebra, giraffes, golden lion monkey, a snake with legs, caimens, penguins, a lion, sea lions and the sea lions show, rode the little train 3 times and had a generally great time. Just before we left we got Abs some milk, Caroline a Chicago dog, and me some chili cheese fries and a beer. This hit the spot well enough that we ended up not going to the Chicago Oven and Pizza Grinder restaurant like we had planned. Another Uber at triple demand pricing and we were back to the festival. More blues at the Southwest Airlines stage and then back to the Budweiser stage for a minute. It was about 5 pm when we returned to the hotel, Abcde had fallen asleep on the way and was happy when she awoke. Evening snack was tater tots and Mac 'n cheese and salad. A little rest and around 7 we headed back out. We detoured by Abcde's favorite art installations and knocked on the doors looking for Monsters. Even Randall would have been ok. The main stage was the only one going when we got back to Millennium Park and we snagged some seats at a picnic bench in the back. We people watched, Abs colored and the little girls also at the table, danced and mocked the older women who were dressed like teenagers. At some point you need to stop shopping at hot topic, certainly before one hits their 50's. As the sun sunk behind the skyline we rolled back to the room. I aside Caroline if she needed a little bite to eat about 2 blocks too late. She would have done a taco truck but had no interest in Potbelly Subs. Back at the Hilton I decided to see what I could find to eat and was able to use my employee discount at the grab and go restaurant to get wife a chicken couscous salad, Abs a cup of humus and pretzels and myself a wonderful roast beef sandwich for less than $10 total. Not too bad in my humble opinion. We ate on the bed while watching Home and then by 11pm we turned out the lights and surrendered to sleep. And not once did she scream for giraffe milk.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb