London Heathrow to Chicago O'hare


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 19th 2015
Published: June 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

US supersize kingsize.US supersize kingsize.US supersize kingsize.

So it turns out the us kingsize bed is bigger than ours. Probably because they are so fat.
So after a night time drive up to London to check in at 6:45, I slept like baby for most of the 8 and half hour flight over here. This process has pretty much eliminated jet lag for me however Mandie didn't so well and we have decided to have a chilled one.

After a bit of a hairy rush hour drive across Chicago, (with my brain still on the left hand side of the road!) we made it to our first hotel just out of the city centre. The Jeep 4x4 is pretty sweet and comprises of about 50% of my photos so far so the scenic panoramic views are a bit sparse so far!

We headed to a local bar/grill called Mullen's for some epic steak sandwich and Mac and cheese then back to the hotel for a sleep catch up. Tomorrow we are planning to get some sightseeing done in Chicago before embarking on the 4 hour drive down to St Louis for our second destination.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



20th June 2015

Yay!
Awesome news. Glad you're safe and sound. Wait till you see the size of the beds in Vegas - bigger than our room at home! Have fun x
20th June 2015

Jeeps and Ferris Bueller
Really glad you made it over the 'pond' safely. That Jeep is VERY red, and looks a dream to drive. I'm sure you'll get used to that funny right-hand driving. If you remember the scenery in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" watch out for it, because it was set in Chicago haha! BTW, can you actually read this instantly, as in email? Love from Mr Technology-Dinosaur.
20th June 2015

PS Bill
Just after I sent that first comment, I was watching the news/weather, only to discover that the remnants of ex-tropical hurricane 'Bill' are passing over Chicago now! Be safe driving in that one. . .

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb