US vs Sudan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The White HouseThe White HouseThe White House

A photo of the White House in Washington D.C.
When we look at the US compared to other countries, we often see ourselves as one of the top countries in the world. Which is true, we're ranked third overall in developed countries. That seems a bit off, but Norway is the top country, considering their expected lifespan is 81.3 years. However the US is much higher in rank compared to the Sudan. In the US, our life expectancy is 78.7 years, compared to the Sudan's average life expectancy of 61.3 years, that's not a lot when you think about it. Plus, the US is technologically advanced, compared to the Sudan, which is plagued by civil wars and general unrest. The US doesn't have any civil wars and we have a much more advanced form of transportation compared to the Sudan, which uses camels as a form of transportation. That's understandable though, given that the Sudan has a very desert-like environment. Compared to the US's more urban and rural environment. Thus, the US is a developed country, compared to the Sudan which is still developing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Soldiers in the SudanSoldiers in the Sudan
Soldiers in the Sudan

A gathering of militia soldiers in the Sudan.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb