B5 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: How does diversity look in this country? What are the most dominant races and ethnicities , and how did they come to be within Rio?

The stereotypical race or ethnicity in Brazil is European in or African. Most Brazilians trace their origins in Brazil to the migrations of four major groups of people: the Amerindians, the Europeans, the Africans and the Asians. Brazil has extremely large amounts of interracial marriage. Brazil is mixed with all kinds of races, from white, to black, to Asian, Native American and Arabian. The Brazilian races and ethnicities that exist in modern day Brazil, are solely because of migrations of sailors and tribes hundreds of years ago, who came to Brazil in search of better land.

Contrary to many beliefs, Brazil was colonized by Portuguese adventurers, who, generally mated with Amerindian or African females. There are many different races, nationalities, and ethnicities on each individual country. Brazil, has one of the most diverse because of the face the earlier explorers went there and had sex with women who weren't of the same family as him.



http://www.unaoc.org/ibis/2010/09/09/background-research-on-rio-de-janeiro/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb