B2 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The dominant religion in Egypt is Muslim. Out of all the types of Muslim religions, Sunni Muslims are the most dominant. Muslims are monotheistic like Christians and believe in one God. Sunni Muslims call their God Allah, which is Hebrew for the word God. Although, Christians just refer to their God as "God." Allah is described as unknown but he isn't unknown to the people, while God isn't described in that way at all.




The Sunni Muslims practice religion with a book called the Qur'an. Christians practice religion religion with a book called the Bible that, like the Qur'an, contains religious beliefs and stories. Like Christians, Sunni Muslims believe in "Paradise and Hell" and a "judgement day." However, Sunni Muslims believe getting to Heaven is like passing a bridge and the people who fell remained in Hell for eternity. For Christians, it's described as a day all souls will rise from their grave and be sent to Heaven or Hell based On God's judgment. In many ways, these two religions are very similar and different today.




http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/sunni.html



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb