RIHLA #27


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 27th 2013
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

There have been issues violating the rights of the L.G.B.T.Q community in Moscow. According to the International Herald Tribune there have been Gay-Bashing Rituals during state permissioned rally's, meetings, and events. Other parts of Russian communities with to ban gay pride events for the next hundred years. However, the gay community continues to rally every year to show that they will continue to fight for what they are standing for, even if it causes physical and emotional harm to themselves. In some parts of Russia Gay Pride parades are banned. But One-to two person protest are allowed. There were many of these protest around Russia. 25 people were attacked while protesting, and the attackers were detained but later released with no charge against them. Several other rally's that were suppose to be held were also closed by the state due to construction. The Human rights that were being violated were: Don't discriminate, The right to Assembly, Being protected by the law, The Right to Expression, and the rights that no one can take away. I feel like enough is not being done because these people are being abused and discriminated against and the law is just letting it go. They also are not able to assemble when and where they want to. I feel that there should be laws in place to protect them just like everyone else.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb