Rihla #27 "Task Forces Offer Hoarders a Way to Dig Out"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 27th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Task Forces Offer Hoarders a Way to Dig Out

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/health/when-hoarding-morphs-into-a-safety-hazard.html?ref=us
1. This is article takes place in Yorba Linda California, but this is happening across the nation.

2.The people who are involved include police officers, people of the communities, and the hoarders themselves.

3. The Human right that is being violated is Right #12: The Right to Privacy.

4. Honestly, I think that the hoarders' rights are being violated. I understand the fact that people want to help the hoarder stay in a very safe home in which there is no danger of suffocation, explosions, or fires. I do know that hoarders are very stubborn with their things. I don't think that these task forces that are going into peoples' houses and cleaning them have that right. Since being a hoarder has been classified as being a disorder this month, it is not their fault for having these houses. It is the only way they feel comfortable. Regardless of the communities' concern for fires in the community, they are not doing the right thing. Therapy should be the first option not going into these houses and disrupting their peace of mind.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb