RIHLA#27


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 23rd 2013
Published: May 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

One of today's current events issues in the news that has been recent has been the case of a man named Ariel Castro, who had abducted three young girls and has kept them for over 10 years hostage in his house. This Abduction was taking place in Cleveland, Ohio. A man, named Ariel Castro had kidnapped three women for over 10 years and kept them hostage inside his house. It was said that he would torture them by keeping them with chains and also rape the women. When the women would get pregnant he would kill the baby inside of their stomach. But, only one of them did have a baby inside the house and the other women were en charge of the delivery of the baby. Many may ask how were these women not found or not have been seen or had escaped? Will the answer is, that he had his house all covered up. His back yard was covered by a huge fence and the doors and windows of his home were also sealed. But, the neighbors did suspect things, seeing women naked crawling in the back yard and reports of a little girl and the police would show up, but never went inside of his house. His friends and family also say that they never were able to step foot inside the house because if they would go he was outside to greet them already. It's just a horrible thought that these women had to go through all of his torture and manipulation and had no other chance of escape. The reason why these women were found was because a man named, Charles Ramsey, saw one of the girls hands from a crack of the door at the front house calling for help, so he went and tried to open the door for her but he couldn't so he kicked the bottom of the door and cracked it open and the women crawled out with a little girl in her arm. She ran to a neighbors house and called the police.


• The Human rights that are being violated are:


-Article 5: No one shall be subjected to cruel, inhuman or torture. These women were being tortured and raped by this man and they were innocent of anything and he violated that law.

-Article 3: Everyone has right to liberty, life, and security of person. Their lives were in his hands and they weren't being able to live their life when he held them there. They had no security.



My thoughts about this issue is very disappointing because, how could the police and the place where we live in not be safe enough and let a man get away with kidnapping three girls more than ten years by keeping them inside of his house. It's so sd to know that even the police was called and had never even tried by checking or stepping inside his house. Isn't the police suppose to protect us? I think that everything is being done well! This man is going to go to prison for the rest of his life and these girls are finally safe at home in their families hand. I think that its not over yet, because these women are probably going to be truamitized for the rest of their lives. They are going to have to learn again and probably need a lot of therapy and care.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb