RIHLA#26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 20th 2013
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The article was about Bangladesh garment workers who aren't receiving equal pay or equal work place environment. These workers work many hours a day and sew clothing for many of the popular clothing stores globally and are not receiving the fair enough amount of many as they should be. The building that they worked in collapsed because the structure wasn't stable good enough and it was never approved before. They were also working in harsh conditions in that building. When that building collapsed it killed more than 1,100 people.

-The rights that were violated were article 23 because the workers wanted a union because they did not have one. One of the rights from article 23 explained how everyone has a right to form and to join trade unions and the factory workers aren't receiving the equal and fair wages that they should and they do not have the trade unions. As well as the right to have equal pay for equal work under the article 23, they are violating that right because the factory workers are working very hard and are not receiving their equal pay.

I feel that this is very unfair to the workers at these factory because they are working very hard and do not have a safe work place or receiving the equal pay for the work that they do. Not only that but they also deserve a union and fair enough pay for the work that they do. In order to make the problem better, they should be able to create a union and also better building structure and revise their work factories and make sure they are in good conditions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb