RIHILA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

#1)Summerize: An eight story builiding, housing five garment factories, collapses. Furthermore, in response to this disaster, the minimum wage for garment factory workers is raised considering that they are some of the lowest paud workers in the world. Moreover, labor workers had to work hard in order to pass the act, The Labor Act to be exact, inorder to unionize; they were not allowed to do it before.

#2) Human rights were protected when the Bagladesh workers finally got to unionize. However, they were violated when the workers were constantly working under unstable conditions that could potentially kill them.

#3) I think that giving them the ability to unionize has been a good act of kindnesss so far; however, more should be dome in order to fully help the process of recovery. For example, a good idea would probably be too help pay the health care of the hundreds of families affected by their loved ones dying. Another good idea would be to make sure that the builidings are properly structured inorder for something like this to not happen again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb