RIHLA 26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 21st 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The article is about Bangladesh garment workers get union rights. The workers got union rights because of a factory collapse that occured a couple of days ago. A lot of employees died because of the incident and it lead to the raise in pay to the workers. The workers are paid some of the lowest wages in the world. the government says that they are doing this for the welfare if the workers. the collapse raised alarm about conditions in the other garment industries in Bangladesh and tons of inspections are occurring.

2. Human rights were violated by the factory owners by not letting the workers get union rights because it would supposedly cause rebellion. they were violated by the working conditions that these people worked in. the rights are now being slightly protected by the government by giving them union rights. They are also doing inspections in other industries to make sure it is safe to work.

3. I think with what has been done is pretty good. The government should keep trying to make it safer working conditions for the workers. The raise in pay is also good because they deserve more money for working in dangerous places and working for long hours. I think that the raise should be more because they risk their health and body daily in the badly kept places.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb