A5 RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 20th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

"RIHLA #26"

1) This article is basically about a group of Bangladesh workers getting union rights and wanting to raise their wages due to a deadly factory collapse that left more than 1,100 people dead. Now the focus is on the work's hazardous conditions and risks. Due to this now the wages might raise for the workers since they are in danger where they work.

2) The Bangladesh workers were protected by the human rights. They were protected because the minimum wage was raised like the workers wanted due to this incident. The rights of their safety maybe were not assured since there wasn't no talk about future solutions for their safety but they did talk about raising their work wages which was just in this case, especially, since the workers are in more danger due to the fact that another building can collapse and kill a large amount of workers again. However, they were also not protecting the workers by human rights because they did lack safety when those 112 workers were killed. They lacked emergency exits and they only built 3 out of 8 floors legally, which means, they were unjust. Also the textiles ministry has been inspecting and they have closed down 22 temporarily for violating safety and working standards. This again, does not protect the workers.

3) In my opinion, the wage should keep rising like it has been doing. Also, the factories should be fined huge amount of money due to the fact that they are lacking safety and building against the building regulations; they are lacking safety for workers and safety for the building. If factories disagree to pay then they should simply be closed down because they have already caused enough chaos with the incidents that have happened so far and all of the people killed. Also, I agree that the wages were raised how they planned. I think they should be raised for the rest of the time the workers work there and they should be raised a high amount. I don't agree that they haven't done anything to ensure safety. I think they should work on that more than anything.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012kb