RIHLA#26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 21st 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

1). In Bangladesh, the garment workers have some of the lowest wages in the world; therefore, the workers forming trade unions in most industries. Also, the government announced to raise the minimum wages. The deadly factory collapse drawn attention globally. The factories' conditions are terrible. It lacks of emergency exists and install heavy equipment to the building which causes the building to collapse and kill many innocent people. Can not imagine how many people suffer from the unendurable working conditions with everyday concerning their safety.

2). The human right were violated. The industries did not consider the workers' safety because they kept adding heavy equipment to the buildings, ultimately causes danger to the workers. Also, the workers could have formed trade unions earlier; it violated their freedom of thought and freedom of opinion and expression. The garment workers risk their lives everyday which are degrading treatment.

3). I agree what the government allow the workers to do so far: form trade union with permission from factory owners and raise the minimum wages. However, it is a bit too late because there are already many people die from the industries collapse. I think there should be more work to be done in the industry: checking the building's structure, certain laws should be passed to protect the workers' rights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb