RIHLA #24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 20th 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

1.) Ideas that sound good like freedom, equality, and justice are extremely hard to fulfill in a society because there are all sorts of loopholes and controversy that arise from these principals. In addition, there are all sorts of questions to consider when creating ideas like those such as: where are the lines drawn, when are a person's freedoms limited, how are they limited, and who is limiting them? For example, in the Declaration of Rights of Man and citizen it says "liberty consists in the ability to do whatever as long as it does not harm another", but who defines what is considered harming another and what about animals? Also, equality is another controversial principal because while a society many declare pall of its members to be equal, that is not always the case. For example, even today despite the U.S. constitution declaring all its citizens equal gays still cannot get married and are treated almost in-humanely. They are bullied at schools and online until they wind up taking their own lives. In addition, students do not receive equal educations, for instance, you can go to almost any city in the U.S. and visit a school on one side of town that is succeeding and producing successful students; however, if you travel across town, sometimes even down the block, you will run into schools that are unfit for even a third world country.

2.) Violence, in my opinion, is justified in some cases. Violence and controversy are a part of human nature and can never be completely eradicated. All humans think about acting in violence and at times act in violence. While some can control their violent thoughts and actions better than others, they can never truly remove the thoughts from their heads. Justification for violence also depends on perspective, for example, Al-Qaeda is terrorist organization that is resented by the United States and many other countries because of its harming of "innocent citizens" through the use of suicide bombs, homemade bombs, and suicidal hijackings. However Al-Qaedit and its supporters views it as a religious organization that is simply removing its enemy, the United States, and is trying to unite their fellow muslim brothers for the establishment of a nation that abides by the rules of the first caliph by any means necessary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb