RIHILA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 17th 2013
Published: April 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yes, I think that the United States government should keep the promises that they made to the Native Americans. For one, a promise is a promise, and no matter how many times you feel like you should break that promise, you should never do it. The Native Americans suffered a lot of pain and loss when they got their land taken from the United States. This not only affected the Native Americans negatively, but it also caused them a while to get back to the way things used to be. I think that after the United States made a promise to the Native Americans, after taking their land, they felt a sense of hope. Thus, the United States had to know that when they made the promise to them they should keep it because of the high hopes that they gave the Native Americans. I think it's important to keep the question mine, how would you feel if it was you? How would you feel if someone comes to something after all the things you've been through, and they just went back on that promise? These thoughts went to the Native American mind after not only with United States promise them the things that they did, but also went back on that promise. Despite this, the Native Americans were able to keep pushing on and moving forward.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb