RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

"U.S. Government and Native American Treaties"

The U.S. government should keep the promises it made in the Native American treaties because if they do not keep the agreement, it is showing a sign of disrespect towards the Natives. For instance, if the U.S. were to break a promise that was within the treaty, then that shows that the U.S. does not take the Native Americans seriously. It will also show that the U.S. is selfish and does not take into consideration other's feelings. Additionally, if the U.S. does not keep the promises they have made, no other native tribes will not want to make an alliance with them due to the fact that the U.S. cannot maintain their promises. By the U.S. not maintaining their promises with the Native Americans, it can lead to the U.S. having more enemies because no one will want to join them, only go against them. If this were to occur, the Native Americans can spread the word and that the U.S. is not being loyal or faithful to their treaty.The U.S. should keep the treaties with the Natives to avoid more wars and battles. If the U.S. were to break a promise within the treaty, it can cause the Native Americans to become angry and start a battle. By avoiding a battle or war with the Natives, the U.S. would save the weapons and bullets they have for other more urgent or important wars.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.9kb