RIHLA#23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I think the U.S government should keep promises it made in the Native America treaties. However, in case of other treaties have to make changes because of some reasons. If there aren't any problems happening related to the treaties, the government should not make changes based on its own benefits. It hurts the U.S reputation, what would other countries think about the U.S? Breaking the promises, it made the U.S less reliable. Moreover, originally, the Native Americans are the first inhabitants of this continent, they should have been the ones that have the control over the others. However, they gave up their lands for the English. In return for the land, the U.S should do whatever that helps the Native Americans and maintain the " trust responsibility" between Native American tribal governments and the U.S government. The Native Americans have sought for sovereignty for many years, the U.S government should aid the natives by providing the health, education, and general welfare for them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb