RIHILA#23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I do not think that a government should responsible for abiding commitments past representatives have made because representatives today may not completely understand what was going on within that time and until they have a full understanding of the issue, then they should be able to take actions for their predecessors actions. Without knowing the history of the tribe or nation's problems they were facing that could possibly lead to the agreement past representatives made, it is hard for representatives today to be able to depict whether they want to revoke the law or keep it. If representatives today were to be "responsible" for the law created 10, 20, or even 30 years ago, then past lawmakers should state it. If representatives today are faced with the problem of tribes having their rights, both governments could compromise and make a new law where both sides are happy. If many families of their tribes are continuing to fight for their right, when a law created by their ancestors, are being broken and wish that their land remain untouched by US government, then they should continue to fight for the right. Due to their stand for their right of a law created a long time ago, it should not be held to the US government to be the one to be responsible because the law was not stated clearly. If the law was stated clearly then US government should take charge, or else Native Americans and the US government can compromise. The US government should not be responsible for abiding by laws predecessors made because it was not stated clearly in the law.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb