RIHLA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 28th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Part 1:

Article #1 " Poetry's tense relationship with E-Readers"

1. This article about technology is harmful because when reading poems on an e-reader, the words or phrases of the poem are sometimes not placed or positioned in the location the authors intended positioned. Many argue this issue does not honor the poet's writing and deteriorates the author's meaning or purpose.

2. I agree with this article because people should be able to improve the display of the poem on the e-reader. Also, the e-reader should not deteriorate the authors meaning or purpose because the writer may have waited so long for their work to be published.

Article #2 "Wireless Solves Parking Nightmare"

1. This article discusses that technology is beneficial due to the fact that wireless sensors inside the parking garages help reduce congestion. The inside wireless sensor reduces parking congestion because upon arrival, the sensor notifies the vehicle where there is parking space available in the garage. This wireless sensors leads people to save time.

2. I agree with this article because I myself like to save time while going shopping. Additionally, wireless sensors aid you in finding parking, so now you do not have to keep driving around looking for parking spaces.

Article #3 "Life at 140? Longer life spans up for debate"

1. This article argues technology is beneficial because technology can lead to human Geno mapping which is genetically producing organs. The Geno mapping reduces waiting lists for transplants and can help save lives faster. The article also states that advancements in technology can possibly eliminate 70 to 80 percent of diseases.

2. I agree with this article because it is many medical advances can help save many more lives and can the save lives faster.

Part 2:

I agree with Bill Gate's statement because when you are taught something by a teacher, you have more of an understanding of the topic that is being discussed. The teacher goes into greater detail and explains the subject you are struggling with in a different way so you can understand the material. When searching the topic being discussed on Google, the internet just provides the basics and not details. For example, when I am struggling in geometry, I Google the lesson, but I do not find what we are learning in class; I find what other people are learning in class that is similar but not the same.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb