RIHILA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) One of the way that piracy continues to exist in the modern world is through the kidnappings. In February 2011 alone, pirates killed four Americans selling on a yacht, and in January 2011, the American forced had to kill nine pirates just before they harmed their victims. Another way that Piracy continues to exist today is that the Maritime Police are left to fend for themselves, giving the Pirates an advantage to continue to grow because they know that they cannot be stopped.
2) Authorities have tried to combat the problem by coming up with a highly sophisticated training force to fight the Pirates. Authorities have even gotten together sponsors to contribute, but have failed at the process. Another solution that I feel could help is by setting the Pirates up. For example, Authorities could send in a secret spy who is really an agent but poses as a Pirate. If that agent can find a way to being that Pirate to the United Staes to do business, then maybe the Pirates could get captured there because the whole thong would have turned out to be a ploy. 3) I think that Piracy is never justifiable. It is not justifiable to take someone's life and hold them hostage just for profit. Commuting acts like this, is just being a plain bully and a killer to me. The Pirate might as well become a murder and a burglar in the U.S, because I see no difference in what they do and what the criminals do over here in this country.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb