RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 5th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Piracy continues to exist in the modern world around Somalia. There have been reports of attacks and hijacking on ships. Shipping through water has become the most dangerous way.There are hundreds of of crew members that are still part of this. They take ships and ransom for money or take what is already on there. They do it for money.

2. Authorities are trying to combat the problem by setting up an elite squad to put an end to the piracy. That solution failed though because there were not enough funds to pay for it. So, Europe has tooken extreme measures by killing the pirates and taking over their base. They have the right to do whatever is necessary.

3. I think piracy in the Age of Exploration and now is never justifiable. it is not right for a pirate to take what is not theirs. It is considered stealing and lives are sometimes lost and that is a crime. Its not right for people to do things like that just because they don't have money. They should do what others do and find a way to move on up in society.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb