RIHLA#21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

New World ? Or Old World?






• It's 1492 and I would rather live in the New World based on the food because I am already very accustomed to the food that I eat now, and most of the food's that I enjoy hold many of the New World's foods. Like, Turkey ham, corn, tomatoes for sauses like sphaghetti sauces.
• So, I interviewed my father and i used these following food:


NEW WORLD OLD WORLD
1.Turkey 1.Chicken

2.Avocado 2.Bananas

3.Corn/Maize 3.Coffee

4.Tomato 4.Rice

5. Vanilla 5. Wheat


• I chose these types of foods to interview my father because these are some of the major things we eat as a part of our meals in an every day bases.
• My father got five out of these ten foods right.
• The wrong ones were: corn, tomato,vanilla,bananas,and coffee. When he found out that he got these wrong, he was pretty amazed at the fact that he never really thought about it and how it's funny, how we sometimes eat many of these foods on daily bases, but we never think about their origins of it and how they got to us.


3. My Familie's Favorite Food is mexican stew called " Posole".

Ingredients


• 2 Pounds of Pork's Spine - (From Old World)
• At least 4 ounces of Red Dry Pepper-(From New World)
• 1 Can of Maize-(From New World)
• 1 onion- (From Old World)
• 1 clove of garlic-(From old world)
• A couple of Limons
• A couple of ounces of oregano-(From New world)
• Some Salt
• Some Peppers-(From New World)



Procedure:


• Boil 2 Pounds of Pork's Spine and 1/2 an onion in a big pot for about 2 hours.
• Then, add 4 ounces of Red dry pepper in the blender with some pinches of salt and pepper, and add in the 1 clove of garlic and then blend very good altogether.
• After that, add 1 can of maize onto the boiled pork, after it is finished boiling.
• Quickly after you add the can of maize, add the sauce into the pot, after the sauce has been blended well.
• Leave in everything in the pot to boil for at least 25 more minutes more.
• After it is finished, you have the option's to serve it with limon and freshly cute cabbaged.
• Have some tostadas on the side, just in case you need something else with it.
• Ready to eat and relax.


Posole is actually a combination of the new world and old world, but mostly the Old world, but it wouldnt be complete without the New World's ingredients. Posole is pretty special to my family because we serve it in special family events, or even just to bring our families together.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb