A5 RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

"Piracy at Sea"
1) Piracy continues to exist because in Somalia the pirate economy has been booming in the recent years. Somalia's Transitional Federal Government has little influence over the pirates and traditional militias also can't afford the but to buy wepaonary and needs to combat the pirates. In the past few years, Somali pirates have hijacked hundreds of ships. The pirates have gained hundreds of milliions of dollars from hijackings. That money they reinvest it in weapons and more men to convert into pirates. They have attacked ships that are even 2,000 miles away from their home. This is the way of piracy continuation.

2) Somolia created a fight force that could fight off the pirates. They were the Mritime Police Force. It involved dozens of South African mercenaries and the security that employed them. It involved a lot of money to set up force, and a lot within the force. United States and other countries rely on proxy forces, armed private contractors, and Islamic militants. I think that this might be the only way to stop piracy. Something else that can happen is that satelites/cameras should be searching the sea to see if any pirates are located, then the forces should go capture them. But, I think making forces to go against them is the only thing they can really do.

3) No, I think it isn't justifiable because it isn't right to partake in piracy. Pirates do nothing but harm, they kill others, they rob, they hold ransoms, they hold hostages, they make things illegal, and they just cause chaos. In my opinion, piracy will never be justifiable because it is just another way to harm the world and it's people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb