RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1.) Piracy continues to exist in the modern world because in a country named Somalia, which is currently in criminal and economical chaos, piracy, thieving, and kidnapping are some of the only main sources of income. It also continues to exist because militias in this area cannot afford the weaponry or manpower necessary for diminishing the pirating fad.

2.) Modern piracy is different from past piracy for obvious reasons like modern pirates have more advanced weaponry, look for different types of profit, and they originated from different areas. Also, they are different in that the government sometimes supported past piracy; however, modern piracy is not supported by anyone.

3.) A force called the Puntland Maritime Police Force was formed to stop and prevent piracy. The PMPF was abandoned by its sponsors, and its members are forced to fend for themselves in a desert camp made out of sand. Personally, I don't think they should have abandoned this force, I think they should have built upon it instead. Maybe a force like PMPF is a necessary part if ridding the world of the piracy threat.

4.) No, I do not think stealing because of sheer greed is ever justified.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb