RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 26th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The article that I read was about Christopher Columbus and it gave a brief summary about the hoiday. It gives a lot of information of Columbus and what He does. To me, this article was very superising because I really never knew why we celebrated Columbus day and what he does. Also because I never knew that a guy that was a "hero" was actually apart of being a slaveowner to "Indians". But then again, back then slavery was okay yet why do we still celebrate a slaveowners discovery? For example, why don't we celebrate Hitler's birthday since he was one of the most smartest bad guy? It's really confusing how we would only celebrate "apart" of Columbus but not tell his whole story/life. Are they hidding something to thy American citizens? I think this connects to class because Its something that people don't really talk about and its something that ALL citizens should know. It also connects because He was a travler and he went through a lot of land the get to "India"(but instead he went to the U.S).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb