RIHILA #18 (Keeping Our MAP skills)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 21st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello one and all, this article was about how when we rely on GPS systems we begin to lose our mental map skills. Moreover, this article stressed the importance of practicing our mental math skills, so we can avoid forgetting how to do this practice in the near future. Lastly, if we begin to rely on GPS systems as our everyday usage, they can easily become crutches for us.

Personally, I believe that this article was making a good point overall. I believe that if you don't practice a good habit of using your map skills, that you will begin to lose that skill; however, I feel that GPS systems are easier because it saves last time. Considering that we now live in the era of technology, I sometimes begin to think why wouldn't we have a GPS system to make everything easier for us? However, we should not abuse that power of the GPS system because we will then grow to become lazy. You should only use it so certain degree, and you should never use it to where it becomes your crutch.

I believe that this relates to a class or a future class because considering how much technology we use, we begin to use everything As the shortn cut out, without using our minds. This article tells of that using skills, our map skills, will help us think critically instead of taking the the short cut out all the time, Which is the overall point, only dealing with map skills in particular, but overall regarding our brain skills.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb