A5 RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 18th 2013
Published: February 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

"Is GPS All in Our Heads"

1) This reading is about GPS devices, and our brain memory along with cognitive maps. It talks about how GPS devices make your brain and it's abilities less reliable on it's own because it depends too much on the GPS when you are using it. Using the GPS doesn't help out the memory of your brain, the cognitive maps in it, and doesn't let the brain develop it's abilities.

2) My reaction to this is that it is kind of true. If you are constantly relying on a GPS device without trying to remember and work out on your own and just following the routes the GPS sends you through, then you aren't really helping out your brain and the skills the reading talked about. I think that all that the reading said is accurate. However, I think that I'll stick more to the GPS then to the maps and all that, but what I'll do is use the GPS but also try to remember routes and not just follow through where the GPS sends me so my brain can work on memory and on it's skills.

3) This relates to class and will relate to class in the future because it has to deal with maps and letting your brain develop memory skills and cognitive map abilities, especially when you are in a place you have never seen before like back hundreds of years ago. Back then people didn't have a GPS device, they hardly had a map, so imagine how difficult it was for those people to get around and explore especially those who were in a place they have never see before. They had to develop those skills the reading talks about. So, this is the way it relates to class now and how it will always relate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb