A5 RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 10th 2013
Published: February 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

"Banned Books"

1) Reasons why books are being banned in school are that these books contain sex, profanity, and racism content in them. Challenges are brought upon these books because of that graphic content. Also these books are being banned because the books that contain this content are mostly in schools and school libraries so they object against them.

2) I disagree with this reasoning of banning books because they contain this content. I think that high school students are already old enough to read and study books like these. We aren't little kids anymore in 6th grade you know. I think that if we are old enough to worry about our own in high school and other schools then we should be able to read these books and they shouldn't be banned.

3) I think we should be able to decide what books we read in school because we are the ones that are reading them. However, we should decide but only if we're in highschool, so grammar school students should have their teachers and parents decide on what books they read.

4) The approach that that person can take is pointing out the graphic and explicit content in the book. They should put out the causes and effects of reading parts of the book that are like that. Then they should talk to some book companies, lawyers, schools, and libraries, and the important people within all of these places just mentioned in order to do something about it and try to make explicit books censored. However, like I said I think books shouldn't be censored because it takes away the emotion and choice of the author's words away from the book they published. In my opinion, that is how things should work.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb