RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 19th 2013
Published: February 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Kids Who Skip School Are Tracked By GPS

1. This article is about how seventh and eigth graders who attend the Anaheim Union High School District are tracked by GPS. These students are only tracked by a GPS if they have four or more unexcused absences. They have to check in with a code 5 times a day, and also are called at least 3 times a day by an adult coach. These coaches check on the students and help think of ways for them to attend class like they are supposed to.

2. My reaction to this article was not necessarily positive. I think it is nice that the schools want to assure that the students are attending class, but tracking students with a GPS is just too much. In my opinion,the GPS is taken a little to the extreme and should be banned. However, the idea of having an adult coach who calls you is a good idea. It an effective way to get a student to go to class more frequently, without the unnecessary need of tracking.

3. This topic relates to class because we have been talking about those in the past who have struggled with traveling. They struggled with traveling because they did not have maps and had to do everything pretty much on their own, while now, we have technology to get us from place to place a lot more quicker than it usually would.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.8kb