Rihla#17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Based on the article the main reasons why books are banned in schools is because the book contains forms of sex, profanity,and racism.

I'm in the middle because if a book that contained these things was given to grade schooler then it would be unacceptable because they are getting exposed to things that they don't understand. But if a book that contain these things was given to an older audience then it would become more acceptable because that Person has basic knowledge of the content of the book.

I think the teachers should be able to decide what books should be taught in schools because of two reasons. The first reason is that if the teacher feels if their students are mature enough to handle the contnet of the book then they arshould be able to read it. Second reason is that teachers that assigned these books to be read had to be chosen for a reason because it might relate to a lesson/ topic that the students are learning.

If an individual wanted to fight book censorship they should write a letter com public officials and work with community groups if they feel that a censored book should be read in school.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb